Carrot payasam (క్యారెట్ పాయసం, காரட் பாயசம், गाजर पायसम, ಗಜ್ಜರೆ ಪಯಸಂ) Carrot even though belongs to root vegetable, is rich in vitamin A and is good for eyesight. Other than carotene, it has other essential minerals and vitamins. It can be eaten raw or cooked. Eating one raw carrot daily, keeps our teeth and eyes in good condition. Carrot payasam /kheer is everybody’s favorite.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India; North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take it as snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 2 days if it refrigirated.
Appx. Nutritional values calcualted for 1 serving:
Calories ( 171kcals) , Carbohydrates (20.7g), Protein (4.1g), fat (8.4g)
- Milk 1/2 ltr
- Grated carrot 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Cashew 15
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Fry carrot in 1tsp pf ghee for 5 minutes and to this
- Add milk and stir constantly for another10 minutes.
- Add sugar stir until it dissolves ans the whole payasam starts to boil , check for the readyness of grated carrot
- Remove from heat.
- It the rest of 1 tsp of ghee fry cashewnuts and add them along ghee , followed by cardamom powder to the payasam.
- Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Carrot Payasam with Badam milk 2. Carrot payasam with saggu biyyam. 3. Carrot payasam with kova. 4. Carrot payasam wwith semolina 5. Carrot payasam wiith moong dal 6. carrot payasam with channa dal 7. carrot payasam with honey 8. carrot payasam with dates 9. carrot payasam with jaggery. 10. carrot payasam with milk powder 11. carrot payasam with sweet and condensed milk