Carrot Fry ( కేరట్ వేపుడు, ಕಾರಟ್ ಫ್ರಯ್,கேரட் பரி , गाजर फ्रय) this Carrot fry recipe has a South India tinge. It is a side dish .It can be taken with Rice or Roti .
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilanadu; South India; North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 min | Take with Rice| Type fry| Shelf Life : 1 day
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (30 Kcal), Carbohydrates (6 g), Protein (1 g), Fat (0 g).
- Carrots 3 cups of washed and grated
- Onion (cut into pieces) 1
- Grated coconut 1 cup
- Curry leaves few
- Chana dal 1 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- A few Red chilly pieces
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder 1 tsp
- A pinch of Hing
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat oil and add curry leaves, chana dal, urad dal, jeera, mustard seeds, red chilies and hing.
- As the mustard seeds starts to splutter, add onion and fry until it turns light brown.
- Now add carrot and fry for some time. Add turmeric and salt and fry for 10 minutes more.
- When carrots are cooked, add chilly powder and the grated coconut to it and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now Carrot fry is ready.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Carrot fry with green chilli