Capsicum Tomato Curry (కాప్సికం టమోటాకూర, शिमला मिर्चटमाटरकरी) is a simple vegetable curry that can be enjoyed with steamed rice or with chapathi or roti. It has less calories which is packed with nutrients.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Rice/ Roti | Type Curry | Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving
Calories (35 kcal), Carbohydrates (15 g), Protein (0.4 g), Fat (.5 g).
- 1 Large green capsicum/ green bell pepper, cut into small squares
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1tsp. Mustard seeds
- 1 Red chili broken in to pieces
- 1 tsp Red chili pwd.
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric pwd.
- Salt to taste
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, once the oil is hot add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When it splutters add curry leaves, turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Now add onion pieces and fry till they are golden brown.
- Add tomato pieces and fry for 5 mins.
- Now add capsicum pieces, salt, red chili powder and mix well.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes or still the capsicum is cooked.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: Fresh ginger, Ginger garlic paste, roasted sesame seeds powder, roasted peanuts powder, Garam masala.
No comments yet.