Cabbage tomato soup ( पत्तागोभी टमाटर का सूप )
Regional Dish: Russia, America
Cuisine Style: Russia | Cooking Time 35 mins | Take it as such | Type Soup | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 8 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (71.1 Kcal), Carbohydrates (7.6 g), Protein (2.1), Fat (3.2g).
- half a fresh green cabbage
- 2 tbsp. oil or butter
- 1tsp Cumin seeds ( dry roast and powder)
- 1tsp nutmeg powder
- 2/3 cups flour
- 8 cups water
- 4 tomatoes pureed
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste ( optional)
- Remove the inner hard core from the cabbage, and also remove the outer green leaves. Cut the cabbage into thin “noodles”.
- Place the cabbage strips into a pot along with oil. Fry the cabbage for 5 minutes while continuously stirring. Then add cumin and nutmeg.
- Top this with flour and pour in a cup of water.
- Stir and cover with the lid. Steam covered on low heat for about 30 minutes until the cabbage is almost fully cooked (soft). But keep an eye on it and stir every few minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn. Also add more water as needed.
- Pour in the rest of the water and tomato paste. Then finish seasoning with salt, sugar, and vinegar and cook of 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot with a bread toast or garlic bread.
Variations: Add Carrot, Add Black eyes beans, Can make with red cabbage