Cabbage Senagapappu Kura (కాబేజీ సెనగ పప్పు కూర, முட்டைக் கீரை கடலைப் பருப்பு குற, पत्तागोबी और चना दल सब्जी) Cabbage Chana Dal curry is very tasty curry. Cabbage is popular for its versatility and strong flavor. It’s also a good source of vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and other nutrients. Cabbage also offers a major payoff the fewest calories and least fat of any vegetable.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with rice or chapati | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calcualted for 1 serving ( 2tbs)
Calories ( 152 Kcal), Carbohydrates (17 g), Protein (6 g), Fat (7 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Cabbage 500gms (approximately)
- Chana dal / pachi senagapappu 1/2 cup
- Green chillies 4 to 5 ( based on ur spicyness)
- Curry leaves
- Redchillies 2 to 3
- Garlic cloves 3
- Ginger small piece
- Mustard seeds 1 tspn
- Cumin seeds 1tspn
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
- Salt to taste
- Add 3 to 4 tspns of oil.
- Chop the cabbage and boil it to in pan until half cooked,don’t add oil or water to cabbage while cooking add little salt to the chopped cabbage and cook on low flame by covering the cooking pan with lid.
- Add small ginger pieces to that chopped cabbage while cooking to avoid the raw smell of cabbage.
- When the cabbage is half cooked, take if off the flame and let it cool down, once it cools, squeeze the water from the cabbage by pressing in your palm and keep aside.
- Chana dal should be boiled till to soft consistency , but not smooth , when we press the dal with fingers , they should be cooked properly , but should retain shape.
- Heat pan, add oil, when the oil is hot, add crushed garlic to the oil, let it sauté for 3 seconds, now add red chilli, mustard and cumin seeds and sauté till the mustard seeds pop up
- Now add chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves and sauté it for 1 minute, now add ginger garlic paste(optional)
- Sauté it for a minute and the turmeric powder
- Stir it well and add the squeezed cabbage and boiled chana dal, salt, stir it well and cover the pan with lid and let it cook for 10 to 15 minuteson low flame.
- So that the cabbage will absorb the spices and also it becomes soft.
- Now Cabbage Senagapappu kura is ready to serve.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Cabbage Curry with Moong Dal 2. Cabbage Curry with Chana dal and Coconut.