Cabbage Pickle (கோசு பச்சடி, కాబేజీ పచ్చడి, पत्ता गोभी का अचार) a simple recipe made out of Cabbage. This pickle is spicy and tangy that goes very well as a side dish with idlis, dosas or even just plain rice.
Regional Dish : Tamil Nadu; Andhra Pradesh; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with Dosa or Idly | Type Pickle | Shelf Life : 6 days if refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (35 Kcal), Carbohydrates (4 g), Protein (0.5 g), Fat (4 g).
- Finely chopped cabbage 2 cups
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. mustard powder
- ½ tsp. Fenugreek seeds powder ( dry roast seeds , once cooled make powder)
- Oil 4 tbsp.
- Lemon Juice 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tsp.
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Curry leaves 5-6
- Dried red chili 1 broken in to pieces
- Hing ( asafodeita ) ½ tsp.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil and add finely chopped cabbage, sprinkle some salt and cover it with lid and cook on medium heat (keep an eye, check so that the cabbage doesn’t get burnt)
- The cabbage has to just welt, once it is done take it off the heat and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Now add, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, mustard powder, fenugreek powder and mix well. Add the lemon juice and give a nice mix, check the taste and adjust accordingly.
- Take a pan and add rest of the oil , once it is warm add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves and red chilie and now add this oil seasoning to the above prepared pickle and mix well.
- Now the fresh pickle is ready to enjoy with any meal.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Add tamarind pulp instead of lemon juice.
No comments yet.