Cabbage Pesarapappu (కోసు పెసరపప్పు కూర, கோசு மூங் டல் சுற்றி, पत्तागोबी और मूंग दल की सब्जी)Healthy recipe , yet simple. Moong dal is said to cool of body and cabbage adds crunch to the recipe.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Rice or Roti | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity 8 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calcualted for 1 serving ( 2 tbsps)
Calories (107.7 Kcal), Carbohydrates (9.3 g), Protein (2.7 g), Fat (8.3 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Chopped cabbage 4 cups
- Moong Dal (Pesarapappu) 1/2 cup (cooked but in firm state not like paste form)
- Onion, very finely chopped 1
- Small piece ginger, finely chopped
- Green chillis, slit lengthwise 2
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1/2 tbsp
For Tampering :
- Mustard seeds (Aavalu) 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeelakara) 1tsp
- Urad dal (Minapappu) 1tbsp
- Dry red chillis 2
- Cloves garlic, crushed 2
- Few fresh curry leaves
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the cumin seeds, urad dal and saute till the dal turns red.
- Add the garlic, red chillis and curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions, chopped ginger, green chillis and turmeric pwd and saute till the onions turn transparent.
- Add the cooked moong dal and let it fry for 2 minutes
- Add cabbage and combine.
- Add salt to taste and stir fry till its cooked well and the flavors blend and the cabbage retains a bit of crunch.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Cabbage pesarapappu with grated Coconut dry curry.2. Cabbage curry as above with out garlic.3.Above curry like dal consistency. 4. Cabbge curry with out onions and garlic.