Cabbage Pakodi (క్యాబేజీ పకోడీ, கப்பகே பகோடி, गोभी पकोड़ी, ಕಾಬ್ಬಗೆ ಪಕೊಡಿ) Cabbage Pakodi is an easy to make Indian food recipe that is prepared with cabbage, onions, besan, rice flour , greenchillies and curry leaves.
Regional Dish : Andhra pradesh; Tamilnadu; Kerala; Karnataka; uttar Pradesh; Punjab; Himachala Pradesh; SouthIndia.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Suace | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup)
Calories (219.4 Kcal), Carbohydrates (40.6 g), Protein (10.3 g), Fat (5.8 g).
- Besan/gram dal flour/chick pea flour 1 1/2cups
- Rice flour 1/2 cup
- Green chillies 2-3 finely chopped 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
- Large onion, sliced 1
- Finely sliced cabbage 2 cups
- Hot oil 1 tbsp
- Few sprigs curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine both the flours with salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, green chillies, curry leaves, sliced onions and cabbage. Add oil and mix well with fingers.
- Add few tablespoons of water and mix well that it forms a slightly hard batter. Don’t add too much water. The batter should just coat the cabbage strips and onion slices.
- Heat enough oil in a deep frying vessel. Once the oil turns hot, reduce flame to medium. Use your fingers to drop the batter in the oil to form small fritters. Deep fry till they turn golden brown. Use a ladle to keep turning the fritters so that it cooks on all sides.
- Once they turn golden brown, remove them on to absorbent paper.
- Served as snack or a starter with some green chutney or tomato sauce with a cup of hot cup of masala chai (spiced tea).
Other variants / Cuisine : 1. cabbage pakoda mixing with other vegetables.
No comments yet.