Cabbage GreenGram fry(క్యాబేజీ పెసర పప్పు వేపుడు , ட்டைகோசுபாசி பருப்பு, मूंगदल और पथगोबी) is a simple, healthy recipe this is a breeze to make. Its good in taste. It is famous in Tamil Nadu.
Regional Dish: Andhrapradesh, Tamil Nadu , Karnataka, over all its an South Indian Dish.
Cuisine Style: Tamil Nadu, | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Rice, Roti| Type dal | Shelf Life : 1day| Quantity : 8 Servings
Appx.Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving ( 2tbs)
Calories 30 (kcal), Protein ( 6gm), Carbohydrate ( 6 gm) , Fat ( 1g).
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal/pesarapappu cook till the dal is soft and not mushy
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- Small piece ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chillis slit lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp turmeric power
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds/ria/aavalu
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds/jeera/jeelakara
- 3/4 tsp urad dal/minapappu
- 2 dry red chillis split in to pieces
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Few fresh curry leaves
- Par-boil cabbage with pinch of turmeric and salt to taste till three fourth cooked. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add the cumin seeds, urad dal and saute till the dal turns red.
- Add the garlic, red chillis and curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions, chopped ginger, green chillis and turmeric and saute till the onions turn transparent. Add the cooked moong dal and cabbage and combine.
- Add salt to taste and stir fry for a few more minutes till the flavors blend and the cabbage retains a bit of crunch.
- Serve with rice, or roti.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1.Pesarapappu kura 2. Cabage Pesara pappu Curry