Cabbage Fry ( గోసు వేపుడు, கோசு பரி, गोभी तलना ) A simple, crunchy, dry saute (vepudu/poriyal) is Cabbage stir-fry with the perfect blend of color and taste. A stand-out recipe where cabbage is mildly spiced with red chilli, cumin and coriander powders and garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
Regional Dish: Andhra ; Karnataka ; Tamilnadu.
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Cooking time: 25 mts |Take it as side dish | Type fry | Shelf Life: 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values: Calories (85 Kcal), Carbohydrates (12.7g), Protein (3g), Fat (3.6g).
- Chopped cabbage 3 cups
- Onion 1, very finely chopped
- Turmeric pwd 1/4 tsp
- Chilli pwd (adjust) 1 tsp
- Coriander pwd 1/2 tsp
- Cumin pwd big pinch
- Chopped coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2-3 tsps
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Garlic, crushed 2 cloves
- Fresh curry leaves few
1. Par-boil cabbage with pinch of turmeric and salt to taste. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the cumin seeds and let them turn brown. Add the garlic and curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
3. Add the chopped onions and saute till transparent. Add chilli pwd, cumin pwd and coriander pwd and combine well.
4. Add the par-boiled cabbage and combine. Stir fry for a few more mts till the flavors blend and the cabbage retains a bit of crunch. Garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Serve with rice and rasam.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Cabbage fry (with out boil cabbage).