Cabbage Curry (కాబేజీ కూర, கோசு குழம்பு, पत्तागोबी की सब्जी) is rich source of fiber , Vitamins and Minerals. Also it is useful for the new mothers to get relief from the pain they get while feeding milk or from engorged breast.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; Karnataka; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calculated for the whole recipe
Calories (149.8 K cal), Carbohydrates (12.1 g), Protein (2.7 g), Fat (11.2 g).
- Shredded Cabbage 3 cups
- Mustard Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Chana dal 1/4 tsp
- Grated Fresh Coconut 1 cup
- Green Chilies 2 medium
- Ginger 1 piece
- Turmeric powder pinch
- Curry leaves 4 to 5
- Cooking Oil 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- In a pant add one cup of water to shredded cabbage, turmeric powder, half ginger piece, cover with lid and boil until water evaporates or u can boil in a pressure cooker.
- In a skillet heat oil and add channa dal and mustard seeds.When they pop, add sliced green chilies, chopped ginger pieces and curry leaves.
- Next add cabbage and stir for 10 minutes on medium heat. Finally add the shredded coconut and cook for 5 minutes.
- Goes well with white rice or even chapatis.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Simple Cabbage Curry 2. Cabbage Curry with Potato and Toor Dal.3. Cabbage ava kura.