Brinjal bajji( వంకాయ బజ్జి, வங்கி பஜ்ஜி, बैंगन बज्जी) is one of the famous indian snacks which does not consume much time and energy in preparation.
Regional dish: Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; Some of the south India Places.
Cuisine Style: Andhra pradesh | preparation time 20 mins | Take with any chutney or sauce | Type Snack | Shelf life 1 day |Quantity : 8 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values:calculated for 1 serving (2nos)
Calories (152Kcal), Carbohydrates (14.6g), Protein( 3g), Fat (7.8g)
- Brinjals 4(any kind of brinjals can be used purple or green)
- Oil for deep frying
- Besan 2cups
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
- Vamu 1/2tsp caraway seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together for the batter by adding sufficient amount of water(it should not be too thick or too watery).
- Heat oil in wok/pan on the medium flame.
- Slice the brinjals into thin elongated pieces and dip them in the batter and deep fry in oil till golden brown on medium heat, keep turning them with a slotted spoon so that they are brown throughout, cooked both inside and out.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain them on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Enjoy hot with tomato ketchup or any Indian chutney.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: None.
No comments yet.