Bread Pudding (ਬ੍ਰੇਆਦ ਪੁਦ੍ਡਿੰਗ, బ్రెడ్ పుడ్డింగ్, बराद पुद्डिंग) is a traditional and popular dessert from northern India . It is easy and also a delicious recipe.
Regional Dish : Punjab; Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Kashmir, Orissa; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Punjab | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving : Calories (250 K cal), Carbohydrates (27.1 g), Protein (5 g), Fat (15 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Bread slices 4
- Evaporated milk 2 Cups
- Cardamom pods 2
- Ghee 1 cup
- Sugar 3 tbsp
- Chopped pistachio
- Remove the corners of bread slices.
- Divide the slices into two halves by cutting them diagonally.
- Fry these slices in ghee until they turn golden brown.
- Keep the slices on a paper towel to soak the ghee.
- Heat evaporated milk in a pan and add sugar.
- Heat on medium flame for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the flame and add cardamom powder and saffron.
- Pour this mixture over slices.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Bread pudding is ready to serve.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.