Bread Pakoda (റൊട്ടി പകൊട, బ్రెడ్ పకోడా, बराद पकोड़ा) is a tasty and luscious snack which is also an easy and simple recipe. It serve kids in the evening. And it is also a tasty compliment for afternoon tea.
Religion Dish : Kerala; Andhra; Karnataka; Tamil Nadu; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Kerala | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Taken With Tomato ketchup | Type Snacks | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity:2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (4nos)
Calories (289 K cal), Carbohydrates (30.6 g), Protein (12.3 g), Fat (9.1 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Bread Slices 4 nos (cut into triangular halves)
- All purpose flour (Maida) 5 tbsp Sugar 2 tbsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Egg 1 no
- Water 1 cup
- oil (For frying – just enough to dip the bread slice while shallow frying)
- Mix maida, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Add an egg into this mixture beating it slowly.
- Now slowly add water to this mixture ensuring that the consistency is thick but not too watery.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When oil is hot enough and ready for frying, dip the bread halves one at a time and fry it.
- Don’t keep the bread slices in the mixture for too long. Also, ensure that the bread slices are equally covered in thin batter.
- Simmer the stove if needed so that the color of the fried slices remain slightly brown or even yellow.
- Place the fried slices on a tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- The fried slices are soft and slightly sweet to taste.
- Serve this along with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- Bread pakoda is a quick evening snack.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Andhra Cuisine (Bread Pakoda with Potato mixture), bread pakora