Bread Cutlet (బ్రెడ్ కట్లేట్, ரொட்டி கட்லெட், ब्रेड कटलेट, ಬ್ರೆಡ್ ಕುತ್ಲೆತ್) Bread cutlet can be made in a jiffy. It consumes less oil and tastes great.
Regional Dish : Andhra pradesh; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cusian Style : Andhra pradesh | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take with sauce | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories (80 Kcal), Carbohydrates (15.0 g), Protein (4.0 g), Fat (1.0 g).
- Bread 5 slices (sandwich bread)
- Potatoes 3 big or 4 medium. (Boiled, peeled & mashed nicely)
- Chillies 5 chopped finely
- Ginger 1/2 inch paste
- Garlic 1 big or 2 medium paste
- Coriander finely chopped
- Peanuts 20/25 soaked in cold water for 1/2 hr
- Sooji 3/4 tsp
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander-Cumin powder 12 tsp
- Chaat Masala 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as per requirement
- Water 1/2 cup in a flat small bowl
- Mash the boiled potatoes & put in a bowl. Lightly soak bread in water & squeeze the water & put in the mashed potatoes bowl.
- Remove the peanuts skin & separate in 2 halves & put in the bowl.
- Put all the above ingredients & mix nicely like a dough.
- Take little piece from the dough & form any shape that you like
- Take a frying pan.Put 3 to 4 tablespoon of oil each time you fry the cutlets.
- Spread oil throughout the frying pan as you do for a dosa or omelet & keep 6 to 7 cutlets & on a slow flame and shallow fry
- When the lower side turns golden brown.
- Turn the cutlet roll upside down so that the upper side gets fired well.
- When both sides turn golden brown remove in a plate with tissue on it so excess oil gets soaked.
- Serve hot with Ketchup or chutney.
Note : for extra crispness roll the cutlet in dry bread crumbs and shallow or deep fry
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Simple Bread Cutlet 2. Bread cutlet with vegetables. 3.Bread cutlet washed with egg white and rolled in bread crumbs . 4. Bread cutlets rolled in sooji . 5. Bread cutlets rolled in vermicelli