Bread curd vada (பிரட் தயிர் வாடா, బ్రెడ్ పెరుగు వడ, , ब्रेड दही वडा) is the most popular dish in India. Its origin is from South India and it was the favourite sour, unsweetened recipe in India. It is also called Bread yoghurt vada.
Regional dish: Tamilnadu; Andhra Pradesh, South and North India.
Cuisine Style: Tamilnadu | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Serves: 2 | Type Snack | Shelf life : 2 days if refregirated| Quantity : 2Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values: calculate for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories ( 250Kcals), Carbohydrates (20g), Protein( 5g), Fat ( 2g)
- Slices of bread 4
- Yoghurt 250gm
- Oil to fry
- Common salt to taste
- Rock salt (a pinch)
- Fried and powdered cumin seeds
- Red chilly powder ½ teaspoon
- Chat masala ½ teaspoon
- Chopped Green coriander leaves to garnish
- Tomato ketchup / chutney
1. Take bread slices in a plate one by one.
2. Cut each of the slices in a circular shape with a bowl. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these round bread slices.
3. Now blend yoghurt with salt in a blender.
4. Pour it in a bowl and add the fried bread slices to yoghurt.
5. To season it, add rock salt, cumin seed powder, chat masala, red chilly powder, and chopped green coriander leaves.
6. Add some ketchup or chutney of your choice.
7. Your Bread Dahi Vada is ready. Refrigerate it for 15 min and serve it bit cold.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Dahi vada