Bread Bajji (బ్రెడ్ బజ్జి, बराद बज्जी) is a snack items that is liked by kids. It is filling, it’s an Indian spicy variation to French toast that’s all time kids breakfast in Europe which I sweet. Bread bajji can be made simple by dipping bread slices in the batter or to the batter we can add veggetables and make it colorfull, in either way it is liked by kids and also elders that is enjoyed as a snack with a hot cup of tea in afternoon or during a rainy day. It is one of street food too.
Religion Dish: Prepared all over India.
Cuisine Style: North India | Cooking Time 20 minutes | taken with Tomato ketchup | Type Snacks | Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (2nos)
Calories (289 K cal), Carbohydrates (20.6 g), Protein (8.3 g), Fat (9.1 g).
- Bread Slices 4 nos. (cut into triangular halves)
- Chickpea flour (besan) 5 tbsp.
- Corn Flour 1tbsp.
- Salt 1tsp.
- Red Chili Powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Oil (For frying – just enough to dip the bread slice while shallow frying)
- Mix all the dry ingredients except oil and water in a bowl.
- Now slowly add water to this mixture ensuring that the consistency is thick but not too watery.
- Heat oil in a pan and cut the bread slices in to triangular shape.
- When oil is hot enough and ready for frying, dip the bread halves one at a time and fry it.
- Don’t keep the bread slices in the mixture for too long. Also, ensure that the bread slices are equally covered in thin batter.
- Simmer the stove if needed so that the color of the fried slices remain slightly brown or even yellow.
- Once done take them on to a tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- The fried slices are crispy to taste.
- Serve this along with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: Add grated cheese, finely chopped veggies like carrots, bell peppers, onions, green chilies, coriander.