Timare Tambli / Ondelaga Tambli / Brahmi Tambli (ಒಂದೆಲಗ ) is a curd recipe with brahmi leaves , The brahmi leaf has medicinal value which is mentioned in our vedas too.This curd variety is very common in Karnataka .
Regional Dish: Karnataka
Cuisine Style: Karnataka| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with rice/ roti| Type Chuntey| Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (45Kcal), Carbohydrates (6g), Protein (2g), Fat (4g)
- Timare / Ondelaga / Brahmi leaves – 1 cup (Centella)
- Grated coconut – 3/4th cup
- Curd – 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Season ( ½ tsp. of cumin , mustard, 1 red chili, 1 sprig curry leaves in 1 tsp. of ghee or oil)
- Grind all the ingredients with little water to a smooth paste
- If you want it to be thin, then add more buttermilk.
- Season it with fried red chili, mustard, cumin and curry leaves in ghee/oil.
- Serve it with rice
No comments yet.