Boondi Perugu (బూంది పెరుగు, பூண்டி ரைத்த, ಬೂಂದ ರೈತ, बूंदी दही) Boondi Raita is a very simple recipe.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; Gujarath; Maharastra; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Prep time: 30mins | Cooking time: 15mins | Type snack |Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity : 2 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (1cup)
Calories (164 kcal), Carbohydrates ( 12g) , ( Protein 6g) , Fat (11g).
- 1/2 cup Besan
- 3 cups Curd
- 1 Sprig Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Mix the besan and salt in a bowl.
- Add water to achieve the dropping consistency.
- Now heat oil in a kadai and pour drops of this mixture with a slotted spoon.
- Deep fry till the drops become golden brown.
- Drain to remove excess oil and add to curd taken in a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, curry leaves, and salt.
- Boondi raita is ready.
Other Variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Boondi raita with onions 2. Boondi raita with vegetables.3. Boondi raita with chat masala powder. 4. Boondi raita with sev.5 . Boondi raita with sweet chutney