Black Chick Peas in Yogurt Curry (काला चना और दही करी ) is loaded with calories, proteins and fiber. In one way this curry is a blend of textures, it has the creamyness and softness of yogurt and thick and rough texture of chick peas.
Regional Dish: Punjab, Delhi, Haryana, Gujarat.
Cuisine Style: Punjab | Cooking Time 30mins | Take it with rice/ roti| Type Dal| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (177Kcal), Carbohydrates (28g), Protein (16g), Fat (4g)
- 14 oz. black gram (kala chana) washed and soaked overnight
- 3 cups yogurt
- 8 tbsp. besan ( gram flour)
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp. coriander powder
- 4 tbsp. mango powder (amchur)
- 2 tbsp. red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp. garam masala powder
- 8 finely chopped chillies
- 5-6 cloves
- 4 black cardamoms
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tbsp. asafetida powder
- 2 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 6 tbsp. oil
- 6 tbsp. ghee or oil
- Lots of fresh cilantro(coriander leaves)
- 2 sliced Onion’s for garnishing
1. Cook or boil chana till soft by using about 5 cups of water or more. It will take about 20-25 minutes.
2. Heat oil or ghee. Add cumin seeds when brown; add cinnamon stick, clove, and black cardamom. Fry for 1-2 minutes. Add asafetida powder and green chilies. Fry for 1 minute.
3. Mix yogurt, 2 cups of water, gram flour and all the dry spices
4. Add black gram along with the water in which it was boiled. Mix well.
5. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes