Black Bean Soup (ब्लैक बीन सूप) A simple vegetarian black bean soup recipe inspired by the flavors of Mexico, this black bean soup recipe uses cumin and chili powder for plenty of flavor, but if you prefer a spicier dish, you may want to add some hot sauce too. Mexican black bean soup is a high-fiber and low fat vegetarian soup.
Regional Dish: Mexico, America
Cuisine Style: American | Cooking Time 35 mins | Take it as such | Type Soup | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (116.1 Kcals), Carbohydrates (19.8 g), Protein (5.8), Fat (13.2g).
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry roasted and powdered cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 of 15 ounce cans black beans or ( red or black kidney beans Rajma )
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- shredded cheese to garnish
- fresh chopped coriander to garnish
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and tomato , cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, and chili powder.
- Puree one can of black beans, add to pot. And the rest 2 cans of black beans add as such
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Top with shredded cheese and fresh coriander and with a spoonful of sour cream and slices of avocado, lemon wedge and some tortilla chips.
No comments yet.