Black Bean, Rice, and Veggie Salad (ब्लैक बीन, चावल और वेजी सलाद, బ్లాక్ బీన్, రైస్ మరియు వెజ్జి సలాడ్, কালো সিম, চাল এবং সবজি স্যালাড) It is a vegetable-loaded rice-and-bean salad. On any day to feed the crowd without heating up the kitchen one can arrange this platter which is colorful and delightful. You can also make the salad up to 1 day ahead of time; chill airtight . This recipe is basically from Mexico , but this is given a Indian twist.
Regional Dish: Mexico , South America
Cuisine Style: Indian | Cooking Time 25 mins | Take it as such| Type salad | Shelf Life : 2 days Refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup):
Calories (247.1Kcal), Carbohydrates (32 g), Protein (6.1 g), Fat (10 g).
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups cooked basmati rice, cooled
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 2 finely chopped green chilies (optional)
- 3/4 cup raw corn kernels
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Salt and pepper
- In a serving bowl, stir olive oil, lime juice, and cumin to blend.
- Add rice, beans, carrots, corn, tomato, parsley, cilantro, and onion.
- Stir gently to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Variations : Grated cheese, Diced apples , Brown rice , Quinoa , Couscous, Walnuts , Dried cherries Pomegranate seeds , Diced Avocados, Diced Pineapple