bhel puri (भेल पुरी)is a popular street food that comes from Mumbai, but now it became street food in every nook and corner of India . This recipe can be enjoyed in two ways; dry without any chutneys and wet with a mixture of chutneys added to puffed rice. To tell how it tastes, it’s a bowl of different tastes and textures of soft, crispy, tangy, spicy, fresh, and lemony to name some.
Regional Dish: Mumbai; All over India
Cuisine Style: Mumbai | Preparation Time 20minutes | Type Snack | Take as such | Shelf Life: 30 mins| Quantity 4 Servings
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup)
Calories (150.7 K cal), Carbohydrates (18.1 g), Protein (3.2 g), Fat (1 g).
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 2 tbsp. of mint cilantro and green chilies chutney ( green chutney)
- 2 tbsp. of tamarind dates chutney ( sweet chutney) tsp red chili chutney (optional)
- 1 large boiled potato, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup boiled moong beans or steamed moong sprouts
- 1 medium size tomato. finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup sev
- 5-6 papdis, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- black salt as required
- Firstly dry roast the puffed rice in pan till they become crisp.
- Move them to a large mixing bowl and allow them to reach room temperature
- Now add everything listed in the ingredients list except sev and coriander leaves.
- Give a quick mix so that everything gets blended
- Finally garnish bhel puri with some coriander leaves and sev.
- Serve immediately, if not the whole bhel becomes soggy.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: Add some roasted channa dal, red chili powder, steamed chickpeas
No comments yet.