Besan ki Laddu (बेसन की लड्डू, બેસન કી લાડુ) This is a simple sweet which is full of flavor of besan “ gram flour” . This laddu is prepared mostly in northern India, especially in Rajasthan and Gujarat. It is made with gram flour, ghee or oil and sugar. It is packed with proteins which can be enjoyed my any one at any time, it doesn’t need any cause for occasion.
Regional Dish: Rajasthan, Gujarat
Cuisine Style: Gujarat| Cooking Time 20mins| Take it as such| Type Sweet| Shelf Life: 1 week| Quantity: 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (110 Kcals), Carbohydrates (10g), Protein (6 g), Fat (8g).
- Besan (Gram flour) 1 cup ( Note: you get besan ki laddu flour in Indian stores , where the flour is course, as we need coarse flour for this laddu.
- Sugar 1 cup
- Ghee / oil 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder 1/ 4 tsp.
- Roasted and crushed almonds 1 tbsp.
- Roasted and crushed pistachios 1tbsp.
- Milk 1 tsp.
- Take a wide open pan or kadai, add gram flour and dry roast for 3 minutes. When the roasted besan gives the aroma.
- Add the ghee or oil and keep frying on medium to low heat with continuous mixing so that the besan doesn’t get burnt.
- The besan takes all the oil and it slowly starts leaving out oil then take the pan off the heat and add milk to this.( the flour rises , mix well and allow it to cool.
- See that the mixture is warm enough to roll laddus by hand then add the roasted nuts, cardamom powder and sugar and mix well and start rolling laddus (round balls)
- Once everything is ready, store them in a clean and air tight jar to increase the shelf life.
- Note: if the mixture is very dry and cannot make laddu’s then add some ghee and roll