Senagapappu Kobbari (కొబ్బరి శనగపప్పు, தேங்காய் கடலைப் பருப்பு, नारियल और चना दल का सुब्जी) is an South Indian Dish. Senagapappu-kobbari curry is prepared in the combination of senagapappu (Chana dal) and grated coconut. This curry when served with ghee and hot rice . Roti is also a good combination with this curry.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; South India and some places of North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 5 Servings
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories (141Kcals) , Carbohydrates (12g), Protein(6g) , Fat (8g)
- Chana dal 2 cups
- Coconut fresh grated or frozen 1 cup
- Red chillies 2 nos
- Curry leaves 5 to 6 nos
- Urad dal 1/2 tsp
- Mustard 1/2 tsp
- Cumin 1/ 2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- oil 1 tsp
- Soak chana dal for half an hour . Pressure cook for two whistles.
- Dal should not be over cooked . It should be semi cooked.
- Once cooked strain away extra water and set a side.
- Heat oil and put tadka/ seasoning/ tampering and then add the dal mix well.
- Add salt and grated coconut and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or chapathi.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Kobbari Senagapappu Masala Koora
No comments yet.