Bendakaya roti Pachadi (బెండకాయ రోటి పచ్చడి, வடக்கை அம்பிகள் பச்சடி, भिंडी की चटनी) This is a different type of chutney which is sticky , but yummy in nature. It goes very well with hot rice and ghee. Roti pachadi is fresh chutney made for daily usage in Andhra using motar and pestel which is corse in texture rather than the chuteny that is made in mixer which is smooth in texture.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Rice | Type Chutney | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated |Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1tablespoon)
Calories (15 Kcals), Carbohydrates (2g), Protein(0g), Fat (0.1g)
- Bendakayalu (Okra) 1/4 kg
- Green chillies 6 nos
- Tamarind paste 1 tsp
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Garlic flakes 5 pcs
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped bendakaya, turmeric and little salt and fry for 15 mins on low flame and keep aside.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add green chillies without chopping and fry for 2 minutes.
- Grind medium – fried chillies, Cumin, garlic flakes, tamarind and salt.
- Add fried bendakaya and use whipper for mixing the content.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Tamil Nadu Cuisine ( Bendakaya pachadi with Onions and Tomatoes) .