Begun Bhaja (বাজা শুরু, बैंगन पकोरा) is popular recipe from Bengal, it is easy to make and is delicious too. It is enjoyed like a snack with some sauce or as a side dish in main course along with rice.
Regional Dish: Bengal, Orissa
Cuisine Style: Bengal| Cooking Time 45 mins | Take it as such | Type Snack| Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (30Kcal), Carbohydrates (18g), Protein (0), Fat (4g)
- Baingan ( Eggplant/ Brinjal) Lrage variety. 1 no.
- Oil . ½ cup
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- First cut the eggplant in to quarters of 1 inch thickness.
- Rub each piece with salt and turmeric powder.
- Allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan and fry the pieces till golden brown in color.
Note: Can add red chili powder too if you like spicy variety.
Variations: Garam masala powder, Amchur powder, Chiroti rava ( fine sooji)