Beetroot Tomato Curry (బీట్రూట్ టమోటో కూర, பீட்ரூட், தக்காளி குழம்பு, चु चुकंदर टमाटर करी) is filled with color and burst of taste that comes from sweetness of beets with tanginess of tomatoes. This recipe goes well with chapathis.The health benefits of Beets are immense. They provide protection against Heart Disease, Beets’ Betaine Helps Lessen Inflammation, increases stamina, reduced blood pressure.
Regional dish: Andhra Pradesh; Kerala; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine style: Andhra Pradesh| Cook Time 20 minutes | take with Chapathi | Type Curry| Shelf Life: 1 day
Appx. Nutritional values: Calories (120 Kcal), Carbohydrates (8.1g), Protein ( 0.1 g), Fat (3.87g).
- Beetroot pieces 1 cup
- Onion finely chopped 1/2cup.
- Tomatoes finely chopped 1 cup
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves 3/4 twigs.
- Cumin, Mustard seeds 1/2tsp. each.
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
- Peel beetroot and cut them into small pieces. Wash them, add salt and cook for 5 mins.
- Take a pan and keep it on a medium flame, to this add oil, once it’s hot add cumin, mustard, curry leaves and allow them to pop.
- Then add onions, some salt and cook till they are slightly brown then add tomatoes, turmeric, chili powder and cook on low flame by stirring frequently to prevent from burning.
- In 5 to 10 minutes the mixture starts to release oil on the edges of pan. To this add the pre boiled beets and mix well, if needed sprinkle some water and cover and cook for 5 mins and take it off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapathis.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: Beetroot curry with coconut milk. Adding ginger garlic paste, garam masala, tamarind pulp.
No comments yet.