Beetroot Coconut Curry (బీట్ రూట్ కొబ్బరి కూర, செங்கிழங்கு தேங்காய் கறி, चुक़ंदर रूट नारियल कढी) The health benefits of Beets are immense. They provide protection against Heart Disease, Beets’ Betaine Helps Lessen Inflammation, increases stamina, reduced blood pressure.
Regional dish : Andhra Pradesh; Kerala; Tamilnadu; South and North India.
Cuisine style : Andhra Pradesh| Cook Time 20 minutes | Take with rice | Type curry| Shelf Life : 1 day
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (154 Kcal), Carbohydrates (8.1g ), Protein ( 0 g), Fat (13.87g).
- Beetroot 1/2 k.g.
- Coconut 1 cup grated.
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves 3/4 twigs.
- Avalu, jeera 2 tsp
1. Peel beetroot and cut them into small pieces. Wash them, add salt and pressure cook it for 2 vigils.
2. Take a Kadai and keep it on a medium flame.
3. Add oil to Kadai and put avalu, jeera into it.
4. Once they start popping, add beetroot pieces to it.
5. Add turmeric powder,chilli powder and curry leaves to it. Fry it for 3 min.
6. Now add grated coconut to the above mixture and keep it on a low flame for 2 min.
7. Beetroot coconut curry is ready. It’s good with Chapathi/Roti.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Beetroot curry with coconut milk .