Beerakaya Bajji (Ridge gourd) (బీరకాయ బజ్జీ ,பீர்க்கங்காய் பலகாரம், रिज लौकी) It is also known as Heerekai Bajji or Turai Bhajji . It is a snack item.
Regional Dish: South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 30 min | Take with sauce| Type Snack| Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 5 Servings
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1serving ( 2nos)
Calories ( 121Kcals) , Carbohydrates (10g) , Protein ( 10g), Fat (10g)
- Ridge Gourd (Beera kaya) 1 small sized
- Besan 1 cup
- Rice Flour 1/4 cup
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- A pinch of cooking soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash, peel and chop the ridge gourd into thin slices.
- Mix the besan, salt, red chilli powder and cooking soda in a bowl.
- Add enough water to make a batter of medium consistency and set aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Dip each ridge gourd slice in the besan batter and deep fry them till golden color on both sides evenly. Remove from the oil and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Other variants: 1.turi bajji, ridge gourd bajji, bajji with green chilli paste
No comments yet.