Beera pottu Vepudu (బీర పొట్టు వేపుడు, பீர்கங்கை போட்டு பரி, थाला हुवा तोरी की छाल) This Special Fry is prepared with the skin of Ridge Gourd. It is high in dietary fiber.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Hot rice with Ghee | Type Fry | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values : ?
Ingredients to serve :
- Peel of ridge gourd 2 cups
- Garlic pods 6 nos (cut into pieces)
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Zeera 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal 1 /2 tsp
- Green chillies 1 nos
- Red chillies 3nos
- Curry leaves few
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Wash the peel and grind coarsely with green chillies and some salt without using water.
- Strain the water if you get any from it.
- Heat the oil in the pan and do the seasoning with mustard, zeera, red chillies, urad dal, curry leaves and garlic.
- Then add the grinded peel and fry until it just changes the color from light green to dark green or little brown.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu cuisine by adding fried gram flour or ground nut flour.