Beans Paruppu Usili (பீன்ஸ் பருப்பு உசிலி, కంది పప్పు బీన్స్, सेम परुप्पू उसिली) This is a hot favorite from tamilnadu and pairs really well with Vathal Kuzhambu or Mor Kuzhambu. It can be served with any of the rice items.
Regional Dish : Tamil Nadu; Andhra; South India and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with rice or roti | Type Dal | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 5 Servings
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 Serving (2tbs)
Calories (171 K cal), Carbohydrates (23.81 gl), Protein (7.97 g), Fat (5.85 g).
- Beans 250 gm
- Red gram or Channa dal 250 gm
- Onion small
- Red Chillies 4
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Black gram 1 tsp
- Bengal gram 1 tsp
- Refined oil 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves few
- Soak the red gram or channa dal for 20 minutes.
- Clean & cut the beans into small pieces and cook them with a pinch of salt , once cooked drain them and keep .
- Grind the previously soaked dal with red chillies, onion , asafoetida powder, salt and a little water into a coarse paste in a mixer grinder
- Now put this dal paste in idli mould and steam like idlis , once done take them out and break them with fork or fingers in to pieces and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard, black gram, bengal gram dal, 1 red chilly & curry leaves.
- After 2 minutes, add the cooked beans and the channa dal pieces and blend them together , and cook for 5 mins on low flame and dish it out.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Beans Pesara pappu 2. Maatoda ( in Tanjore Marath). 3. Same above recipe made with small piece of ginger added to dal paste.