Beans Coconut Fry (బీన్స్కొబ్బరికాయ వేపుడు, பீன்ஸ் தேங்காய் பரி, ಬೆಂಸ್ತೆಂಗುಫರ್ಟ್, बीन्सनारियलतलना) is a typical South Indian curry that is served as a side with rice preparations.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India; some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes| Take it as Side Dish | Type fry | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories ( 144.9 Kcal), Carbohydrates ( 21.1 g), Protein ( 4.8 g), Fat ( 5.3 g).
- Green Beans 1 cup (bite size chopped)
- Fresh or Frozen grated coconut ½ cup
- Urad dal 1 tsp.
- Dry red chili 1 broken in to two pieces
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds ½ tsp.
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for seasoning 1 tbs.
- Curry leaves 1 string
- Boil the chopped beans in water with some salt for 5 minutes.
- Than strain the water and keep a side.
- Grate fresh coconut or defrost the frozen coconut.
- Heat oil in a wide pan , add red chili , dal, cumin , mustard seeds and curry leaves, when they pop add boiled beans and coconut mix well , add salt if required .
- Toss for 2 minutes and take it of the heat.
- Serve with steamed rice or chapathi as aside.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: Beans fry, Beans fry (with ginger garlic paste).