Banana flower Curry (అరటిపువ్వు కూర, வழி பூ கூற, केले फूल करी) In India Banana plant’s all parts are used in various ways, mostly its fruit , raw banana , its flower, its stem is used in preparing various recipes , its leaf is used for serving food.The process of making recipes with banana flower takes long time as preparation of the flower takes long time , but the final product is worth either it is a cutlet or a curry.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu, Kerala.
Cuisine Style: Andhra pradesh | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Rice | Type curry | Shelf Life: 1 day | Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values:calcualted for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories ( Kcals), Carbohydrates ( g), Protein(g), Fat(g)
( Note: it is said that flower is rich in proteins , fiber and Vitamin E , It also helps in curing many infections , weight management , menstrual bleeding )
- Banana Flower – 1 meduim size
- Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Green chillies – 3
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dhal – 2 tsp
- Chana dhal – 2tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Peel the banana flower layer by layer and take the black stem inside each tendril and cut the tendrils into small pieces.
- Cook it with required amount of water, salt and turmeric powder for 10 minutes and drain it after cooking and keep it aside.
- Now grind the coconut and green chillies into fine paste without adding water.
- Take a wide pan, pre heat the oil, add mustard seeds, urad dhal, chana dhal and curry leaves and fry it till golden brown.
- Now add the cooked banana flower to it and saute for a minute. Now add the coconut+chillies mixture to it and mix it thoroughly. Turn off the stove and serve with rice .
Other varients: 1.Banana flower Kootu; 2. Banana flower cutlets;3.Aritipuvu ava kura (andhra style)4.Banana flower with greengramdal.
No comments yet.