Plantain with Split Green Gram (అరటికాయ పెసరపప్పు, வழக்கை பேசற பப்பு , कच्चाकेला और मूंगदाल) also called Aritikaya Pesarapappu is a dish of South India. It is a most popular in Kerala, Andra Pradesh.
Regional Dish : Andra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu; some places of South India.
Cuisine Style : Andra Pradesh | Cooking Time 25 minutes | | Take with Rice | Type Dal | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 2Tbsp)
Calories (138 Kcals) , Carbohydrates (27.6g), Protein(17g), Fat (2.1g)
- Plantains (Raw Bananas) 3 ( wash, peel and cut them in to small pieces)
- Split / washed green gram dal 1 cup
- Turmeric powder pinch
- Chilli powder as needed
- Onions 1 cut in to small pieces
- Garlic 2 cloves crushed
- Ginger small piece crushed
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Red chillis 2 broken
- Curry leaves 5
- Oil 4tbsp
1. Pressure cut green gram dal and plantain pieces for 2 whistles , do not over cook, once done keep it a side to cool.
2. Take a pan, pour 4 tbs of oil and put on the stove, add seasoning ingredients in that fry than add onions and saute until onions turn brown.
3. Then add the cooked dal and plantain , salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder.
4. Stir it and allow it to cook on low flame for 10 minutes and take off from the stove and serve with rice or roti.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: None.