Banana Halwa (केले की हल्वा, ബനാന ഹല്വ, అరటిపండు హల్వ) Banana halwa is famous in kerala, the people in this place know how to use and prepare every part of banana plant and coconut tree. One among many banana recipes this halwa is famous. It is made with just few ingredients , but the outcome is phenomenal. It is called as Nenthirampazham halwa.
Regional Dish: Kerala , Tamil Nadu, Konkani
Cuisine Style: Kerala | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it as such | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 7 days |Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (150 Kcals), Carbohydrates (20.8 g), Protein (4), Fat (8.2g).
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 5 Tbsp. Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Clarified butter ( ghee)
- ¼ tsp. Cardamom powder
- Peel and mash the bananas
- In a heavy bottom pan heat ghee and add the mashed bananas pulp and cook on low heat with continuous stirring to avoid sticking.
- The bananas start changing color, they change to brown, if need we can add more ghee.
- Now add cardamom powder and sugar and keep stirring till the sugar melts.
- Take off the heat and keep stirring till the halwa looks viscous.
- Transfer to a greased tray and allow it to cool before cutting in to shapes or rolling in to ladoos.
Variation: We can add nuts like roasted almonds and cashew nuts.