Banana Bread (केले की ब्रेड) Banana Bread is a popular bread in my European countries, As it is always enjoyed as such or with some butter, honey topped or during cold winters it was a snack with a cup hot coffee. It is enjoyed in summers with a dollop of ice cream. Today it became a kid’s favorite snack, it is enjoyed in many homes all over the world as the main ingredient is available in all places. As bananas get rotten easily this is the best alternative to enjoy the delicious fruit in every bite.
Regional Dish: America, Europe, Australia, all over world with variations
Cuisine Style: American| Cooking Time 90 mins | take it as such/side | Type Sweet/Bread | Shelf Life: 4 days |Quantity: 25 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (196 calls), Carbohydrates (32.8 g), Protein (2.6 g), Fat (6.3 g).
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup shortening, butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter milk
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (3 medium bananas)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( optional like walnuts, pecans, any berry )
- Combine sugar, butter, eggs, butter milk and mashed bananas.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts.
- Add the dry ingredients in to wet ingredients along with vanilla and mix.
- Grease tow bread pans only in the bottom and bake at 350 (175 C) for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature or refrigerate.
- Notes: Use oil instead of butter
- Stir 1/2 cup chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch chips into the batter for mouthwatering flavor combinations.
- If using self-rising flour, there is no need to add baking soda and salt.
- No buttermilk on hand, you can mix 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or white vinegar and enough milk to make 1/2 cup; or substitute 1/2 cup plain yogurt.
- You can add this mixture in to muffin pan and make muffins for individual servings.