Bagara Annam (బగారా అన్నం, ಬಗರ ಅನ್ನಂ, बगारा का चावल, பகர அன்னம்) It is very simple to make rice and goes with any type of gravies. Bagara rice is flavoured rice. Bagarannam its a vegetarian rice dish can be called as a substitute to pulao, but much easier to make and delicious too. “Bagara” means seasoning in Urdu and” Annam” means cooked rice in Telugu.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Raita | Type Lunch | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 8 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup)
Calories (293 Kcal), Carbohydrates (44.03 g), Protein (3.48 g), Fat (10.78 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Rice 4 cups
- Big onions 3 nos sliced finley
- Green chillies 8 to 10 nos
- Coriander leaves 2 cups
- Mint leaves 12 to 15
- Ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as per requirement
- Water 8 cups
- Cinnamon 4 nos
- Cloves 8 to 10 nos
- Cardamom 8 nos
- Bay leaves 4 nos
- Sha jeera 2 tsps
- Curry leaves few
- Fry the onions till golden brown add the green chillies, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, curry leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves, bay leaves, sha jeera, ginger/garlic paste and fry on low heat till the raw smell goes.
- Then add the rice and fry for few minutes, add salt to taste, followed by 4 cups of water and bring to boil, then lower flame cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or till rice is done.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Bagara Annam with Mixed vegetables.