Badam Milk (बादाम का दूध, బాదం పాలు, বাদাম দুধ,બદામ દૂધ) Imagine Badam Milk! Delicately flavored with cardamom. With all the mother nature’s goodness packed, it can be enjoyed chilled during summers and warm during cold winters. Homemade almond milk is creamy, rich, and delicious when compared to store brought. In India it is prepared as such whole with almonds or with other nuts like cashew nuts, pistachios and its flavor is enhanced with cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and saffron, kewra essence, rose water, orange blossom water.
We will see different varieties of badam milk or almond milk.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style: Delhi| Cooking Time 10 mins| Take it as such | Type Soft Drink| Shelf Life: 1day| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (with water)
Calories (40Kcals), Carbohydrates (2g), Protein (2 g), Fat (1.5g).
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (with milk)
Calories (120Kcals), Carbohydrates (8g), Protein (6 g), Fat (4.5g).
- Raw almonds 1cup
- Honey or sugar to taste
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp. or saffron few strands soaked in 1tsp. of water.
- A blender
- cheese cloth or a sieve
- Note: Use almond and water in the ratio 1:3 for creamy texture.
- Soak the almonds 2 hours in water.( for best result soak almonds overnight)
- The next day, drain the almonds. Add the almonds and (fresh) water in the ratio of 1:3, to a blender.
- Blend well. Add a touch of honey to sweeten and for flavor with either cardamom or saffron according to once choice.
- Strain through either a sieve or cheese cloth , enjoy as such or chill and serve.
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 cups chilled/ warm milk
- Sugar to taste
- ¼ tsp. cardamom powder and saffron strands
- Grind the almonds to a smooth paste in your food processor. Add a little milk to do this.
- Add the milk, sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and blend well.
- Serve chilled/ warm.
Note: It is good to grind almonds along skin as skin has many nutrients.
We can also soak almonds in boiling water for 10 minutes and de skin it, if we doesn’t like skin.