Badam Halwa (बादाम का हलवा, బాదాం హల్వా, பாதாம் ஹல்வா) is a very popular recipe. This is a rich recipe and one can’t have too much of it at one time but it is delicious nevertheless.
Regional Dish : Rajasthan; Himachal Pradesh; Jammu & Kashmir; Andhra; Tamil Nadu; North India and South India.
Cuisine Style : Rajasthan | Cooking Time 45 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 2 to 3 weeks.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (232 Kcal), Carbohydrates (15 g), Protein (3 g), Fat (8 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Almonds, soaked overnight 1/2 cup
- Milk 1/3 cup
- Sugar 4 tbsp
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder 1/4 tsp
- Ghee 1/4 tsp
For the garnish
- 2 to 3 almonds, peeled and sliced
- Drain and remove the skins of the almonds.
- Purée the almonds with 4 tablespoons of milk to a smooth paste in a mixer.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the almond purée. Cook over a slow flame while stirring continuously till the mixture turns golden brown (approx. 15 minutes).
- Boil together the remaining milk with 4 tablespoons of water, add to the almond mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder and cook till the sugar has dissolved, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot, garnished with the almonds.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.