Badam Burfi (बादम बर्फी , બાદમ બુરફી, பாதாம் பர்பி, బాదం బర్ఫీ, ಬದಂ ಬುರ್ಫಿ) Badam (almond) Burfi is a healthy substitute for candy but is rich in flavor. Almond burfi can be served as dessert or snack.
This sweet is prepared mostly in North India for most of the festivals.
Regional Dish : Maharashtra; Gujarat; Andhra Pradesh; Tamil Nadu; North India and South India.
Cuisine Style : Maharashtra | Cooking Time 35 Minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 3 days if refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1peice) : Calories (132 Kcal), Carbohydrates (15.2 g), Protein (2.9 g), Fat (7.5 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of Cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (clear butter)
- 1/3 cup milk
- Soak the almonds in water for 1 hour.
- Peel off the skin of soaked almonds and grind them with little milk to form a thick paste.
- Add sugar in it and mix it well.
- Heat the ghee and pour over the almond’s mixture and cook it until it gets thick and leaves the side of the pan on low flame.
- Add cardamom powder, mix and pour the mixture over any greased square dish or steel pan and smooth its surface with butter knife.
- Cut it in to square shape peices when the burfi is still warm and let it cool.
- When cooled, take out the squares and store it in a air tight container.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Kesar Badam Burfi , Coconut Badam Burfi , Kaju Badam Burfi.