Bachali pesarapappu (బచ్చలి పెసరపప్పు, பசளி பெசரபப்பு, मालाबार पालक मूंग दल) Bachala kura Pappu is a high protein, vegan, heart warming dish loaded with nutreints.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; South India; North India.
Cuisine Style :Andhra pradesh|cooking time : 30 mnts |Take with Rice| Type Dal |Shelf Life : 1day| Quantity : 4 Servings .
Appx.Nutritional values : calcualted for 1 serving ( 1/2 cup)
Calories ( 159 Kcals), Carbohydrates (19g), Protein(8.4g), Fat (5.2g)
- Chopped bachali ( malabar spinach) 2 cups
- Pesara pappu ( Washed greengram dal) 1 cup
- Onion 1 cut in to pieces
- Chillies 2 cut in to pieces
- Tomatoes 2 cut in to pieces ( optional)
- Turmaric 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Tamarind paste 1 tsp
- Black gram 1 tsp
- Bengal gram 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Red chillies 2
- Curry leaves 5
1. Cook green gram dal with three glasses of water in to soft consistency.
2. Add chopped onion, chillies, tomatoes, turmaric and bachali and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add salt, chillie powder and tamarind paste mix well adjust the taste and remove from heat.
1. Heat oil in a bowl and add mustard, black gram and red chillies and saute them up to light brownish and add curry leaves and take it off the flame.
2.Now mix the seasoning to curry .
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Bachali with kandi pappu. Bachali kura with avva ( adding mustard paste )