Atukula Pulihora (అటుకుల పులిహోర, அதுகுள புளிஹோற, पोहा पुलिहोरा) Rice flakes Pulihora (అటుకుల పులిహోర) is instant spicy and tangy preparation in South India. It is nutritious and full filling , it is usually served as snack or mini meals and as prasadam during festivals and pooja’s .
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 min | Take with Pickle | Type Snack | Shelf Life : one day | Quantity : 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1cup)
Calories (360 Kcal), Carbohydrates (68.9 g), Protein (6.8 g), Fat (2.0 g).
- Atukulu (Poha/falttened rice) 1 cup
- Chinta pandu ( tamarind )small lime size
- Green Chillies 5 nos cut in to small pieces
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves 5 nos
- Red Chilis (broken) 2
- Urad Dal 2 tsp
- Chana Dal 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Hing 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
1. Take one cup of atukulu in a bowl , wash them thoroughly, drain water and set aside.
2. Then take the juice of chintapandu (tamarind) and pour that in atukulu ,set aside for 5 mins.
4. Heat the oil in a pan.
6. Add the seasoning and then add the green chillies to the seasoning.
7. Add the atukulu to the seasoning and stir.
8. Now add the turmeric powder
9. Cook for 7-8 mins and stir the content for every 2mins.
10. Then add the salt and stir for 5 more mins and take out from heat.
To make is rich one can add peanuts /cashew nuts too.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1.Kanda pohe adding onions 2. Atukula pulihora with lemon juice.3. Adding mixed vegetables.4. Mint pulihora, 5. Methi pulihora