Atukula Laddu (അവല് ലഡ്ഡു, అటుకుల లడ్డు, पोहा लड्डू ) is prepared using rice flakes mixed with sugar and grated coconut. This is easy to make and a yummy sweet for kids.
Regional Dish : Kerala; Andhra; Karnataka; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Kerala | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 2 days.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving : Calories (180 Kcals), Carbohydrates (20.0 g), Protein (3.0 g), Fat (1.0 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Aval/Atukulu/Poha/Rice Flakes 1 Cup
- Sugar 1 Cup
- Broken Cashews 1 Fistful
- Pistachios 1/2 Fistful
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Dry grated coconut 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Hot Melted ghee 8 to 9 teaspoons
- Roast rice flakes till golden brown.
- Grind together the roasted rice flakes, cashews, pistachios, sugar, cardamom and the coconut into a fine powder.
- Add hot melted ghee to the ground mixture and shape into laddus.
- Ghee helps to keep the shape of the laddu. Adjust the quantity of ghee accordingly.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Aval Laddu with jaggery,Brown rice aval laddu.