Arvi bonda (ಕಾಮದುಮ್ಪ ಬೋಂಡ, చామదుంప బోండా, பொன்னன்கனி போண்டா, अरवी बोंदा) is one of the special collection of Desi kitchen. Enjoy the taste of the arvi bonda.
Regional dish : Karnataka; Andhra; some places in south and North India.
Cuisine Style : Karnataka | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with sauce | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity: 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories (400 K cal), Carbohydrates (40 g), Protein (1g), Fat (13 g).
- Colacasia (Arvi) 500 gms boiled and mashed
- Green Chillies 6 chopped
- Yogurt 1 tblsp
- Ginger 1 tsp chopped
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Green Coriander 1 tsp chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For the batter:
- Maida 1 cup
- Gram Flour 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, mix the colocasia with green chillies, yogurt, ginger, asafoetida and green coriander thoroughly.
- Season with salt and shape the mixture into medium sized balls.
- Combine all the batter ingredients and add enough water to make a batter of semi-thick consistency.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Dip the colocasia balls into the batter and then, carefully, lower them into the work in small batches.
- Cook on a medium flame until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Serve hot.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Arvi (chama dumpa) Bonda mixed with Aloo (potato).