Aritikaya koora (అరటికాయ కూర, அரடிகைய கூற,कच्चे केले करी ) is an andhra dish, very easy to prepare and very tasty dish .It has lot of edible fiber.
Regional Dish : Andhra pradesh; Tamilnadu; Some places in South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day
Appx. Nutrition values: calcualted for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories(200), Carbohydrates(51 g), protiens(2 g), Fat (0.10 g).
- Plaintain 2 nos
- Oil 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Channa dhal,Urudhal 1/2 tsp each
- Onion small 1 chopped
- Green chilli 5 chopped
- Curry leaves
- Shredded coconut 2 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder
1. Pressure cook whole plantains with enough water so that they are well cooked from inside, once they cool off remove the outer .( Peel the skin fully like you do while eating banana.)
2. Grate /mash the cooked and peeled plantain.
3. Keep the pan in stove. Pour oil and temper mustard seeds,curry leaves,channa dhal and urudhal.
4. Add onion and green chilli and pinch of turmeric powder.
5. Fry well and then add mashed plantain. Mix well and keep for 5 mins.
6. If you want you can add coconut at the end, garnish with cilantro leaves.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Aratikaya tomato koora , 2. Aratikaya podi koora 3. Aritikaya pulusu, 4. Aritikaya kootu, 5. Aritikaya fry,6.Aritikaya perugu pachidi, 7. Aritikaya pesarapappu,8.Aritikaya with ginger and chilli, 9.Aritikaya bajji.10.Aritikaya avva kura