Amarantha leaves fry (తోటాకు వేపుడు, தொட்டகுற பரி, तोटाकु तलना) thotakura iguru is a variety of dish who likes fry type. This is a very nutritious and healthy recipe and it needs very little oil. You can eat the whole bowl of this Amaranth leaves Stir fry even without any rice or chapathi.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India; Some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with rice or chapati | Type fry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 4 Servings
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving :
Calories (28 Kcal), Carbohydrates (5.4 g ), Protein (2.8 g), Fat (0.2 g).
- Chopped amaranth 8 cups
- Chopped Onion 2
- Chopped Chillies 3
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Iguru karam 1 1/2 tsp (grind red chillies 3 zera 1/2 spoon garlic flakes 4 a pinch salt)
- Oil 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal 1/2tsp
- Channa dal 1/2 tsp
- Crushed garlic flakes 5 pics
- Curry leaves for taste few
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chana dal, urud dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Wait to splutter. Add crushed garlic flakes, few curry leaves .
- Add chopped onion, chillies, turmeric wait for two minutes.
- Add chopped amaranth and cover it, cook on low flame
- Mix thoroughly and occasionally until fry. Add salt and iguru karam and give a nice mix so that all the spices get mixed well.
- Enjoy with steamed rice.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Thotakura senagapappu fry.