Alugadda Tomato Kura (ഉരുളക്കിഴങ്ങ് തക്കാളിച്ചെടി കുറ, ఆలుగడ్డ టమోటా కూర, आलू टमाटर सब्जी) is a simple curry that goes well with chapattis.
Regional Dish : Kerala; Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; South India and North Indian.
Cuisine Style : Kerala | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take With Rice | Type Lunch | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calculated for the whole recipe
Calories (318 Kcal), Carbohydrates (58 g), Protein (7 g), Fat (7 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Potato or Aloo 400 grams (3 big size)
- Tomatoes 3 Big size
- Onion 2 (1 cup small pieces)
- Green chilli 3 or 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Green peas 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric A pinch
- Coconut 2 teaspoons
- Curry powder or garam masala (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 table spoon
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Curry leaves 6
- Cilantro to garnish
- Boil whole potatoes (not peeled) in hot water until they are tender or pressure cook for one whistle.
- Once they are cooked peal them and cut into medium size pieces and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add red chilli, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When they start to pop add ginger garlic, green chilli, green peas and onion.
- Fry it well and saute them until they turn light brown.
- Then add tomato pieces and turmeric, cook them until soft on medium flame.
- Add cooked potatoes, coriander powder, salt and coconut and mix well.
- Cook under low flame for 6 to 8 minutes stirring frequently.
- Turn off heat as curry is ready to serve , garnish with cilantro.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : (Andhra cuisine style) Alugadda Tamota Kura with coconut milk and Urad Dal.
No comments yet.