Alugada Menti Kura (ఆలుగడ్డ మెంతి కూర, ಆಳು ಮೆನ್ತಿ ಕೂರ, आलू मेथी सब्जी) is famous in Karnataka and Andhra pradesh .It can be taken with the Rice or roti.
Regional Dish: Karnataka; Andhra Pradesh; South India , North India.
Cuisine Style : Karnataka | Cooking Time 25 min | Take with rice or chapati | Type in curry | Shelf Life :1 day | Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values:calcualted for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories (150KCals) , Carbohydrates (12g) , Protein (3g) , Fat(10g)
- Potatoes(big) 2 nos
- Fenugreek(Uluva) leaves 2 bunches
- Oil 3 tsp
- Onions 2 nos finely chopped
- Garlic 2tsp
- Ginger 2 tsp(finely chopped)
- Tomatoes (medium) 2 nos finely chopped
- Chilly powder 2 tsp or as reqd
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Salt as reqd
- Pav bhaji masala 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Curry leaves A few
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil the potatoes & keep it aside after cutting into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai.
- Add mustard seeds and when they crackle, add curry leaves.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry, till they become slightly brown in colour.
- Add onions and fry, till golden brown.
- Add tomato paste followed by 1 glass of water.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 2 – 3 mins.
- Open the lid and add all the remaining masalas.
- Add the potato cubes amd mix well.
- After 5 mins, add the fenugreek or methi leaves.
- Cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Leave it in the kadai for some more time, before serving.
- Serve with chappathis or rice.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Potato curry with tomatoes; 2. Potato with mixed vegetable curry.