Aloo Gobi curry (ఉర్ల గడ్డ కోసు పువ్వు కూర, உருளைக்கிழங்கு பூக்கோவா குழம்பு, आलू गोभी करी) a blend of two versatile vegetables (Baby potato and Cauliflower) is an easy one which goes well with any Indian bread or even rice too.
Regional Dish:North India; South India some places.
Cuisine Style : North India|Cooking Time: 30 minutes| Take with Indian bread or chapati | Type curry |Shelf Life :1 day.
Appx.Nutritional values calculated for whole serving:
Calories (206 Kcal), Carbohydrates (32.6g), Protein (5.3g), Fat (7.2g).
- Cauliflower florets(boiled) 1cup
- Baby potatoes 4
- Onion 1(medium)
- Curds 1cup
- Turmeric pwd 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger pieces 2tsp(slit length wise)
- Coriander powder 1tsp
- Cumin powder 1tsp
- Red chilli powder 1tsp
- Tomato puree 1cup
- Oil 2tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnish
Half boil potatoes and cauliflower and keep aside.
1. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan , add ginger pieces . Saute them till light brown color, add finely chopped onions and fry till translusent.
2. Now add cumin powder, corainder powder, Red chilli powder, salt and mix well.
3. To this add Tomato puree and cook till the oil separates.
4. Now add the half- boiled vegetables and cook till the vegetables are fully cooked with gravy.
5. Finally add the curds and cook for another 2 min and remove from stove.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Goes well with any Indian bread.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.